Thursday 10 February 2011

Happy...

I'm not sure how it happened but I seem to have stumbled into being a copy writer and I couldn't be happier. Today was probably the best day I have had in months, after being told that I am good at my job I stood next to Ronan Keating in the work cafe. I was then told one of my absolute idols, Bruce Springsteen, was also rehearsing at the same place. I tuned my highly trained, over hearing ears to listen through the paper thin walls of the office and I am pretty sure I could hear 'Hungry Heart' being played. I think I nearly wet myself.

Then came the after work drinks on the terrace with the investors. Two glasses of Champagne a couple of red wines and some Greek canapes later I realised that I really love work. It might not quite be the glamorous highs of writing for a glossy but being paid to write is a dream come true. Sometimes it just takes dedication and the right person to believe in you. The saying 'you never know what's around the corner' couldn't be more true and if there is something you want to do you have to keep trying until you get there. As Mike Skinner would say..."Knocked down five times get up six."

I'm glad to well and truly have seen the back of 2010, and be able to move on. I can't wait to find out what the rest of the year has in store. At the moment I think things can only get better.

(Ever so sorry this is a tad braggish but sometimes a girl just needs to gloat)

No comments:

Post a Comment