Monday 13 December 2010

2011

Rather irresponsibly on the bosses part I have been left in charge at work and I quite like it. For an intern it’s quite a big deal. Maybe they actually trust me to get things done and to only slightly mess up a tiny bit. It’s like when your mum and dad leave you in charge of the house for the first time; I’m full of responsibility and wild party ideas. This would be a good office to have a party in, but instead I shall write a quick post and then get back on with work. In actual fact I’m on my lunch break and I never had the guts to throw wild house parties. Too straight laced for my own good.

Things seem to be going somewhere at the moment, and the career front doesn’t seem as bleak as it did a few weeks ago. With a growing list of responsibilities and small successes I am starting to feel like hard work does pay off. I know the next few weeks and months are going to be hard with probably a lot of change but if hard work has got me this far then hopefully in a year’s time I will be where I want to be. And hopefully I will have ticked off everything on my 2011 list of things to do. Yes I know it’s a bit early and not even Christmas but this is what 2011 will hopefully look like for me.

1. I will have gotten rid of my overdraft for good and never go back into the negative again

2. I will complete all five of the uni birthdays in a wild and scandalous manner

3. I will go on holiday to somewhere I haven’t been before I’m thinking Vienna, and go back to Italy to explore some of the other cities there.

4. I will finally start learning Italian and maybe shorthand

5. I will join a masters swimming club, get fit and maybe even start competing again. (The swimming pool is the only place I can clear my mind)

6. I will get my cello fixed and try and remember how to play it. If that fails I’ll have to pay for lessons.

7. I will be a happy media whore and get articles published all over the place (for this I will have to overcome my fear of the phone and my fear of rejection)

8. I will find a flat and move out of home and hopefully Essex

9. I will master photography once and for all

10. I will go to more gigs and hopefully finally see Paul Weller (he is getting on a bit and I don’t want to miss my chance)

11. I will be able to buy lots and lots of pretty clothes and wear inappropriately high heels to all occasions

12. I will overcome my fear of the ghost that I think is living in my room.

I am going to be a busy busy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment