Tuesday 28 December 2010

It's late. I should be asleep. Instead I will blog

I haven't had a lot to say of late but I have been feeling sorry for myself and haven't wanted to bore anyone else with this. However the big count down to the new year is here and personally I cant wait to see the back of the last few months of 2010. More on my new year count down tomorrow, today however is my festive update.

Christmas seemed to come around ever so quick this year and wasn't quite the festive season I hoped for. As I have been interning I wasn't able to give my family and friends all the gifts I wanted to, but I hope they liked the little they did get. Hopefully next year I will have some sweet sweet money to throw around.

Anyway enough of the bring down, my favourite part of Christmas is the family tradition we hold every Christmas Eve aptly named 'Crap Christmas'. (I realise I have used that word three times in the last sentence so I will try to refrain from using it again) Anyway the whole family get together and exchange gifts gathered from charity shops. The idea is to give each other the most awful presents we could hope for! It's always very keen but everybody loves it.

This year I have been banging on about getting a kitten so I got lots of cat related gifts, they were meant to be horrid but I quite liked them. I also quite liked the sequin horse art I got too (I have actually been sitting pinning sequins to a polystyrene rectangle for the past two days). I wasn't too sure about the little Austrian man statue or the Dalmatian on wheels. It was, as always, a really good way to start the celebrations.

The rest of the period has been pretty standard with not much to write home about. Good food, good company and terrible TV. But I am a 'Christmas Keeno' so even if I don't feel like it I always make the most of the season.

Tomorrow I shall hit the sales and try to add to my already bulging wardrobe with clothes I actually want to wear.


Crap Christmas Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment